‘Building a Greener Tomorrow’
Coniston are committed to providing a sustainable, environmentally conscious building service. We recognise that our day-to-day business operations have an impact on the environment in which we work and as such have a focused policy to ensure that we are always striving for improved environmental performance. Our commitment to the environment is documented in our Environmental Management System developed in accordance with the Principles of ISO 14001, and registered with the BSI. Coniston top management are committed to achieving this aim and as such have allocated appropriate resources to ensure continued environmental performance.
Coniston are committed to continual improvement and as such set measurable targets and objectives to ensure we are achieving our commitment to the environment. Achievement of these objectives shall involve all members of the supply chain, our clients, employees and the community in which we operate.
In pursuit of exemplary environmental performance Coniston shall:
• Be aware or and compliant with all relevant, environmental legislation and other requirements to which the organisation subscribes which relate to environmental aspects.
• Be committed to the prevention of pollution
• Be committed to the reduction of waste both on site and within the office environment.
• Reduce C02 emissions through a Transport Policy and work towards a carbon neutral business through carbon offsetting.
• Collaborate with our supply chain positively influencing and encouraging good environmental practice
• Communicate our policy, objectives and environmental targets to our clients, professional teams, supply chain and employees.
• Ensure all Coniston employees are suitably trained in environmental management and participate in achieving the aims of this policy.
• Employing methods of work to minimise adverse impacts on the environment.
• Develop measures and Key Performance Indicators to assess our environmental performance.
• Hold regular steering committee meetings and annual management reviews to review objectives and targets
• Investigate opportunities for carbon offsetting within the business
The requirements and intent of this policy are communicated to staff through a variety of different mediums and forums. These take place both on a regular scheduled basis or ad hoc, as and when required. These include:
• A copy of the published policy constantly available from our website
• Memos of reminders and updates, as and when necessary
• A verbal instruction and signed confirmation of instruction during all staff members initial induction
• Reminders and updates via on-site tool box talk, as and when necessary
• Reminders and updates via contract review meetings, as and when necessary